Insect blood removal

Brock

The front exterior of my van was smeared with dead insects following a few weeks away. A combination of elbow grease, wash, insect removal spray has removed all the bodies and all the blood on the windscreen and those areas of the front that do not catch the sun. I am left with a few specks of pale pink residue - presumably insect blood - on the fibre glass [or whatever] front panel [my van is a Hymer A-class].

I'd welcome solutions from anyone who knows how to remove the bloody residue.

If the BUG Spray did not remove it. How about a drop of domestic bleach on a cloth and rub that? OR bicarbonate of soda , sometimes removes stains, make it into a paste

I know how hard it is to get off, we get them on the front of our van , and being a coachbuilt , it's difficult to reach them over the windscreen.

PJay.

Do not use house hold cleaners on the exterior of your van they can eat into and damage the gel coat on your Hymer. Stuff like CIF is a scourer and has a bittering agent so will damage even plastic. My Hymer is a 1999 model and I have had it 16 years and marks like insects etc come and go over time. I just give it a good wash with plenty of water. Then if necessary a polish the whole panel with a RV or boat polish and wax with, again a boat wax like Meguires. That way insects will be easier to remove next time. The marine polish and waxs have to repel salt water and more and tend not to be cheap and cheerful but you get what you pay for.

Archived