Campervan and Motorhome?

Len Salisbury

Interesting article Derek. I'm by no means fluent, but I was able to get the gist. Think I'll go with "roulotte" as buying a 'van is always a bit of a gamble (as is using mine at the moment, until my local dealer can find out what's wrong with the combi).

I love some of the French terms, "cabine de pilotage" sound so much better than cab.

A camper van compared to a motor home is technical different. I like the German terminology Kasten Wagen . However they can come close. If you have the slide doors and rear in two or one up in a single piece you have a van.. However if you look at the la - strada nova M or L My 2017 built on Mercedes sprinter that we be another thing.. The house on the chassis is one piece of laminated mono polyester. Their

are no seams and bolted to the sprinter chassis.. Is this a Van -semi integral or integral? According the price top A class in that segment . It is a cross over .

The La Strada Nova was my dream van when I started M/H C/V ing in 2003. The build integrity was superb but it cost more than double the Dethleffs Bus II which I bought as an ex demonstrator for a huge discount from Campbells in October 2003. If I had bought the Nova I would probably still have it. But having discovered Fifers and the level of build integrity they have not to mention their wieldy size I will stick with what I have got.

And yes I do regard my Fifer as a campervan albeit a sophisticated one.

Archived