Fridge

timdjones

Hi i am new to this forum and wonder if anyone can help, I have a Pioneer Tasman with a Dometic fridge and I want to park my motorhome by the side of my house but it is on quite a steep slope does anyone know of any problems long or short term that might occur.

Any info gratefully appreciated Thank you

Welcome to this portal of Motorhome Madness.

Please don,t tell your friends about Motorhomes because we don,t want to share the fun with too many other people.

The Dometic fridge works best when level, it will tolerate a small gradient but if you have a hill it won,t work. It shouldn,t suffer any permanent damage though.

Why not get a couple of steel ramps and drive the appropriate wheels onto them to level up the van when parked alongside the house?

Your biggest problem will be if you forget to adequately apply the parking brake.

Good luck

Clive

Hi I too have to park on a slope and always park it nose down, to let the water run off the bonnet and not down into the engine bay.

I too have to park on slope (sideways) by my house, I only run the fridge for a day before I travel, so i drive onto my levelling ramps and this levels the fridge enough for it to work. It doesn't work otherwise.

The advantage is that no water sits under the parked Van,even in heavy rain,within an hour under the van is dry ( no damp for rust to form). also no rain puddles on the roof. I put an oil filled radiator in on a low setting too. A bit awkward to walk around inside of course but no other 'Ill effects'

Rayjsj

Archived