Burstner Grand Panorama

Berniea

Seriously considering buying a 2013/14 Grand Panorama.

Apart from the obvious comments i.e. they are big, I would really like to hear comments good and bad, particularly from previous owners (although I appreciate there aren't too many previous owners out there).

Assuming I go ahead and trade in my 2014 Adria Sonic Supreme, which I hasten to add, I'm very happy with, what are the likely areas for concern? Will I be buying tomorrow's problem vehicle, and when I come to sell it, will I find it difficult to shift without losing a pot of money?

I will be using it in Europe for the majority of the time so a LHD will be a serious consideration (Even more difficult to sell in the UK?). I'm in France at the moment and I'm finding it fairly easy to drive my RHD here - so I wouldn't rule out a RHD.

Any comments would be appreciated.

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2017-05-28 4:30 PM

The adra sonic supreme is built on a alko high frame chassis. The Burstner on a low frame alko. Assume we are talking on two rear axles? Or single.? The new 2018 supreme stands above the burstner.

The Grand Panorama is only made with tag/twin rear axles.

It was, before it was discontinued, the flagship model in the Burstner portfolio.

Berniea

HWO’s caveat about the unique windscreen needs bearing in mind.

There’s an (expired) advert for a 2013 version here

http://www.southdownsmotorhomecentre.co.uk/new-2013-burstner-grand-panorama-i915g-fiat-180-motorhome-n2600.html

that has photos and a specification sheet.

It should be easier to drive a LHD motorhome in countries that have ‘right-hand traffic’, but such vehicles should be expected to be less attractive to buyers if offered for sale in the UK with its ‘left-hand-traffic’. It’s probable that a LHD version would have been ’self-imported’ to the UK (or bought through a broker like Bundesvan) with price-saving being a major consideration. If you were seriously considering opting for LHD, this would be something else to keep in mind.

How much money you’d lose if you bought a LHD Grand Panorama and then sold it would depend on what you bought it for, but that’s really no different from buying a RHD version.

Archived