Replacement Door Lock

Fred Duck

The habitation door lock on our 2004 Bessacarr E410 is a Zadi M2. It's the type with a small hinge down flap that covers the end of the lock barrel. They were a common fitment on many motorhomes and caravans. Whilst the locking mechanism still works perfectly, the hinge pin for the flap has broken. This type of lock is no longer made and no stocks remain. It's been suggested that the earlier Zardi M1 lock (that doesn't have the hinged flap and is available) might be interchangeable but I can find no one who can actually confirm this is the case. Anyone any knowledge or experience?

FD

Two places worth trying, first Caktanks. They seem to sell everything and v. nice people to boot. In Coventry and I reckon if you talk to them or go there, you might get lucky. www.caktanks.co.uk

http://leisurelines.net/zadi-lock-barrels-x-10--pair-of-keys-4759-p.asp

Secondly have a look on www.wixroyd.com website. I bought some external cupboard/drawer handles from them earlier this year and they sent me their catalogue. It weighs four kilos and has 1100 pages and I'm not wading through it for you, but I found them very helpful on the phone

Archived