"..double valves on the fuel tank.." ??

pepe63xnotuse

Hi all..

Just back from a music festival,and whilst setting up for a quick turn around for another one this coming weekend, I just happened to check through their T&Cs and it see it briefly mentions that they only allow proper campervans because, Quote:

"...This is due to safety as all camper vans are fitted with safety devices such as double valves on the fuel tank etc." ?

Now, we've used our rudimentary self-built "camping-van" there for the last 4-5 years ,and have also attended dozens of other festivals over that period, ( inc 3 at Glastonbury), and this is the first time I've ever heard any mention of a "..double valves on fuel tank.." ? be it on other festivals' T&Cs or on forums (sbmcc etc)..

That's not to say that they don't exist of cause...?

We'll probably just have to try and blag our way on but what are folks' thoughts?..Is this "double valve" just something that has evaded my attention all these years.....or do we reckon that they are just trying to deter folk from turning up in their works van?.....

(it's a bit late to ask 'em now either way,..as I say we'll probably just have to hope well get accepted

:$ )

Well, after 30 views, and no one as yet has laughed me off the boards for not having/or of hearing of, these supposed, quote: "double valves on the fuel tank", I'll take it that "they" (the coming festival's organisers) are probably just trying to put off folk from just kipping in the ordinary vehicles....

Archived