Air suspension

Barcobird

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2017-06-07 5:58 PM

Fully agreed. You must be aware of of the risks. Or go for down sizing. Their are nice Vans . Or hire a private pilot.

After pouring a vast amount of my savings into a Pilote Motorhome I neither wish to sleep or holiday in a van or rent a Pilote.

Thank you for your advice anyway 8-)

Bearing in mind the main problem with grounding is to the extreme rear of the scooter rack I decided to go down the cheapest and easiest route first which I believe has not affected the stress further to the chassis.

First thing I did was to remove the problematic piece. I then had two lengths of box section metal welded to the existing and then refitted the part removed. I now have another 4cms clearance at the back which hopefully will be enough to solve the problem!

Seeing the picture which can be misleaeding you are low. Assume you have a low frame alko chassis and a overhang of how much of the wheel base? How long? Is your rear chassis garage floor lowered? How high is your rear bumper and the the help chassis above the ground in static full load situation? At max tyre pressure. And what is the approach angle moving backwards, lower than 10 degrees? Do you stand mostly on concrete or other? Long overhangs are a max precentage of the wheel base as set by alko. Do not Worry. Just prevent grounding on hard or soft soil. If not a rear bumper 1000 euro in case of drop non driveable, waste water drain connection gone. and chassis damage. These motorhomes whit their underfloor equipment fitted, have a look yourself are very criitical and never exposed to the user. Take full pictures of it or a video. I advice any buyer of a new motor home do do so. The floor of a motor motor and eveything fitted under that floor is more important than above.

Brian Kirby - 2017-06-12 4:10 PM

Barcobird - 2017-06-11 9:48 PM

'Struth! Tell me that's the "before" picture, and not the "after"!

Can you put a figure on the clearance at the lowest point on the rack, on level ground?

Unfortunately Brian it's after !

Max clearance is 34cms (lol)

Barcobird - 2017-06-12 7:00 PM....................Unfortunately Brian it's after !

Max clearance is 34cms (lol)

Is that with the van fully laden and the scooter on the rack?

How far behind the centre of the rear axle is that (I assume you meant minimum? ;-)) clearance achieved?

Archived