Deisel France

Mickt

We are just south of Avignon and there is no evidence of any fuel problems, in fact your post is the first I've heard of it. But do not forget Monday June 6th is a public holiday in France so very little will get delivered on Monday.

There was a tanker strike last September - are you sure you haven't been reading reports about that?

We've just come back from several weeks in France and encountered no fuel supply problems at all.

I usually cross the Channel ready to fill up with cheaper French fuel but if in doubt, make sure you have plenty in the tank as you cross instead.

I had not heard of any problem until I read this posting - but if you Google " fuel shortages in France" ( or something similar ) you will see plenty of websites talking about a current problem.

Sounds like you need to keep topped up whenever possible.

(Just a normal French week ! )

Good luck.

;-)

Berniea - 2017-06-01 6:22 PM

I'm in Dordogne region, and whilst Ive yet to see any fuel station without fuel, Ive seen numerous people filling petrol/diesel "cans"!

I am always filling cans, lawn mower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, chainsaw, I think I use more for the these than I put in the car :-D

Last years tanker strike caused a rush at the pumps for a few days causing a few garages to run out, after that there was no problem for fuel here.

Archived