new water pump spluttering

Fiat Ducato

Recently had to fit a new water pump as my original Fiamma pump packed in. I went for the Shurflo Trial King 7 30 PSI, 10.6L per min. Left all taps open whilst first running the pump after draining all the water out of the fresh water tank and Truma Boiler to allow the air to escape during filling etc.

Lots of air did come out before the water finally started to flow consistently but now if I just run the cold water on its own it's splutters, (stops, starts) doesn't do it if I run the hot water tap.

Any body got any ideas on what could be causing it and how it can be solved. I know purchasing an Accumulator and fitting it inline next to my pump is one solution, all been an expensive one.

My Shurflo Trail King 7 is 20psi. What was your original pump rated at, pressure wise?

Maybe the extra pressure (or improved efficiency) of your replacement pump has blown a connection on the cold water feed somewhere and letting in air.

Also check the dump valve is closing properly. Probably worth giving it a flush to remove any loose grit that may have accumulated in the valve.

a 30psi pump is a bit powerful, I had probs with a self build van, someone had fitted a 30 psi pump and it kept blowing water pipes off, took a while to figure out what was causing the problem,then I replaced it with a 10psi pump, very slight drop on pressure but no more wet floors.!! B-) B-)

Archived