Current ADAC English speaking contact?

Up until 2014, when I had my Canadian registered Winnebago Rialta in Europe, I had joined ADAC for breakdown cover. As long as I could provide them with a EU address, there was no issue with my being Canadian. I used the address of a friend in NL.But ADAC knew I lived in Toronto; my Canadian address is my credit card billing address.

However, now I tried to re-apply (giving the same friend's address in NL) and received a response in German that I must have a "registered" address in the EU.

I used to speak to an "Andrea Morse", but she seems to have left ADAC.

Has anyone recently had contact with an English speaking ADAC membership representative?

Here's the translation of their response (which might have post-Brexit implications for UK citizens as well?):

"Unfortunately, we cannot accept your request because your domicile is outside the European Union.
However, if you belong to one of the following groups of people, you can become a member of ADAC Plus:-Members of the alliance-members of the Bundeswehr-Staff of the CC (Corps Consulaire)-Staff of the CD (Corps diplomatique)-ADAC tour guide-ADAC emergency call staff meets one of these conditions for you or you also have a registered residence in the European Union..."

We had problems getting through to an English speaking person at ADAC until we found the following number: 00 49 221 472 74 44 we then asked for their colleague who speaks English - no problem. We also used to deal with Andrea but again she appears to not work there anymore.

Archived