Milenco lifters.

Pete-B

Hi, For various reasons we've decided to do away with wheel ramps when parking up. One reason being, unless the van is levelled in just the correct way all the water that ponds on the roof tends to drain off directly over the habitation door (really bad design) or runs off over the back and then drip, drip, drips, all night onto a panel on the back end which acts like a drum.

So, not being able to afford a self levelling hydraulic system I'm considering the Milenco aluminium wheel lifters. I appreciate this would mean a bit more faffing about but if they did the job I wouldn't mind that. If anyone has had any experience of these I wpuld really welcome any comments.

Thanks.

Some of the D shaped Rubber Draught excluders have really good 'Waterproof' adhesive so could you press these into place running across the back end roof to divert the water from dripping onto the 'noisy' panel or Door?

A strip running across the back wouldn't damage the Paint, would be easy to remove at a later date. They stand about 6mm tall so might divert the water to the side of the vehicle, rather than the back?

I have a strip across part of the roof above our Habitation door to divert the water.

I have to replace the strip each season but it's not too big a chore.

The EDPM strip in the photo below can be found on ebay for less than £2 for several meters. Available in a D, P or E profile..

333974302_draughtproofDstrip2.jpg.7398ee2852bc2c827c14e2d2ab56c83a.jpg

Archived