Sites near Blaydon on Tyne

MikeP

When is the concert? Problem is that most sites in the North East are closed during the winter. We always stay at The Grange, the CC site just off the A1 at Durham, which is very easy driving to Blaydon but not exactly close by. There is a site at Blaydon, can't just remember what it's called, but again it's closed just now. If the concert isn't for a while, I'll try and look it up for you.

Thanks Rowan, we go over to Blaydon Blues Club several times a year. The next gigs of interst (Connie Lush, and Nimmo Brothers are in April & May so I'd appreciate details of the nearer site if you have them

Mike P

This is the one I was thinking of:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2178

Derwent Park Caravan and Camping Site which is actually in Rowlands Gill but only a short run down the A694 into Blaydon. There are others further on towards Consett and there is also Bobby Shaftoe's near Beamish, which is a very big site and I have heard mixed comments about this one.

We used to live in Washington and regularly go back to see friends, visit the dentist, do some shopping, etc. and there is definately a lack of nice sites in the area. We like to go up to Kielder and the Cheviots and there is nowhere suitable up there during the winter, so we usually wildcamp. But you wouldn't want to do that anywhere near Blaydon, as I am sure you realise!

Good luck.

Archived