Canterbury overnights

Tony Jones

We want to see the end of the second stage of the Tour de France, which will be in Canterbury.

Of course, we all know how the French "camping-caristes" do this at home - they just turn up and pitch by the route - but sadly it's not usually like that here in the UK!

Does anyone know (a) if overnighting is allowed on the Canterbury "P+R" (which I know has motorhome facilities) or (b) any other likely overnighting possibilities?

The only Club we're in is the dear little Motorcaravanners Club, which we want to encourage but which only has a tiny CL network.

Tony

Can't give you exact details at the moment but I have contacted Canterbury City via their web site in the past as I had intended to visit and if my memory serves me well it is the Dover Road P+R that has over night facilities. Check for yourself, there is a pdf download available. I'm gratefull for the memory jog as I too would like to see the tour pass.

Bill Ord

It's OK now. Since posting I've discovered that the MCC's" Kent Group is arranging a rally to co-incide with the Tour. Never done "rallying" before, as we're more the independent type, but we'll have a go at this one!

Also, I found the "other mag" http://www.motorcaravanmagazine.co.uk/content/souk/database.htm

has a ref to the Dover Road P+R as follows:

"Kent, Canterbury

Where? Dover Road Park & Ride, about 1 mile from Canterbury city centre along the A2

How much? £2 per day (includes bus fare); overnight parking of motorhomes is allowed at 2x day daily rate

Facilities? water, grey and black Dump (free on payment of parking fee); 24 large parking bays"

So if you're not a member of MCC that looks best bet!

Thanks anyway

Tony

Archived