Rapido 665f 3rd Bed

stevec176

Does anybody know how to lay the cushions to make up the 3rd bed in a Rapido 665f please? I have tried but I am unable to work out how the cushions should be laid to make up the bed and even the dealers don't know. As my grandson wants to try a night in the van with us it would be nice to sort out the suppose 3rd Bed so that he can come with us. Hopefully I'm not the only person with Rapido 665f and somebody will have the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve

Did you manage to resolve the bed-making conundrum?

The first thing to do is to move and lower the lounge table-top so that it forms a platform for the bed (as shown in 1st attached photo) - after which the seat-cushions are jigsawed together into (if one is lucky) a usable and not too uncomfortable single bed.

I can’t find a picture of a Rapido 665F’s lounge-bed after it has been fully constructed, but the 2nd attached photo is of a Rapido 691FF’s bed which is based on a similar lounge-seating layout. I think the 691’s lounge seats are a bit longer than the 665’s, allowing an amusing ‘double bed’ to be made from the seat-cushions, but the photo might help.

My Rapido 640F’s 3rd bed is child’s-play to construct, as it just involves the 4 lounge seat-cushions and it’s obvious how the cushions should be positioned.

However, just in case a 640F buyer might be bamboozled by the cushion positioning, Rapido has included inside the front cover of the User Manual a removable 4-page illustrated leaflet specific to the 640F model that shows where to find everything (heater, fridge, water-pump, drain-valve, etc. etc.) and on the 4th page of the leaflet are diagrams showing the lounge seat-cushions and how they are positioned when making up the lounge bed.

Doesn’t your 665F's User Manual include a similar leaflet showing the bed-making procedure?

rapido-665f.jpg.33a13352e105d90756c367139d479048.jpg

rapido-691-bed.jpg.34172dd4d4cec19d02e6fac923be9026.jpg

We cut up a retired memory foam topper to lay over the cushions. Helped a little in stopping the cushions moving in the night.

Bit of a fight, but we manage to roll the topper into submission with ties around, and stuffed into a bag when not used.

Rgds

Thanks for suggestions. Had sort of come up with a layout but didnt look too comfortable so maybe a topper will be needed. My worry with making the bed up is the hinged leaf of the table is where you would have to climb on/off the bed and I'm worried it won't take the strain so I'm looking into making a support before it gets used.

Unfortunately the manual covers most items in the van except the bed.

Thanks

My Rapido 640F has a one-piece table-top, not the hinged version. Constructing the lounge bed involves sliding the table-top to the appropriate position and then lowering it until each end of the table-top is in contact with a short ‘ledge’ fixed to the front of each seat base. (The lowering process is a bit tricky as the spring in the table’s pedestal is strong.) The 691FF model’s bed seems to span the entrance doorway and, consequently, may use a ‘bed board’ as well as the table, but I don’t think that will be the case with a 665F.

My Rapido User Manual has a large ‘window’ cut into its front page, and the page itself has a ’sleeve’ on its rear side. This sleeve is intended to carry the 640F-specific leaflet I mentioned above and, when the leaflet is placed in the sleeve, a side-on drawing of the model and “640” appears in the window. There is no bed-construction guidance in the Manual itself - the guidance is all on the leaflet that fits into the Manual’s front-page sleeve.

I would have thought your User Manual would have the same sort of window/sleeve front page and, if that were so, that there ought to be a 665F-specific leaflet to go in the sleeve and the leaflet would provide advice on bed-construction.

If you have the window/sleeve Manual front page but no leaflet, I suggest you contact the dealer who sold you the motorhome about this, or contact Anthony Pfaff at the Rapido factory.

It’s quite likely that, even if you followed Rapido’s advice on making up the bed, the result would be uninspiring. My 640F has the peculiar capability to convert the two inwards-facing seats into fowards-facing belted travel seats, but the concept is poorly thought out. We find the foam in the base seat-cushions too soft (and both of us are lightweights) and I note that Rapido will be using higher-density foam for 2018 models.

I vaguely recall having to negotiate some sort of anti-spam maze in order to contact Rapido by e-mail.

This recent MHFun discussion

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rapido-warranty-work-contact-details-needed.154860/

mentions two e-mail addresses that might be used to contact Anthony Pfaff

assistancetechniqueap@rapido.fr

or

info@rapido.fr

Anthony used info@rapido.fr when responding to my enquiry, so I suggest you use that address and title your e-mail on the lines of "Pour Monsieur Anthony PFAFF - Rapido 665F User Manual?”

Antony is an ex-pat, so you do not need to write in French!

I don’t know which Rapido dealership you bought your motorhome from (Brownhills?) but if your User Manual has the window/sleeve I mentioned above - suggesting there ought to be a 665F data leaflet in the sleeve - and your dealer is being tardy, you might try contacting Highbridge Caravans

http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/

and ask if all recent Rapido Manuals should include the leaflet.

I hesitate to say this, but there’s only one way to deploy the table to form the base of the occasional bed (as shown in the 1st photo I provided above) and only a few seat cushions to play about with.

The 665F’s sleeping capability is described as 2+1, so I suggest you treat the bed-shape shown in Rapido’s drawing (attached) with suspicion. If your 665F’s cushions can be arranged as shown in my 2nd photo above, but without the backrest-cushion used with the 691FF's wider bed, this may be the best that can be achieved.

665f-nuit.png.624bf2421946faa62217985156501098.png

Many thanks, I'll give the emails a try. Bought my van from Simpsons, they tell me they have contacted Rapido but that was about 6 weeks ago and nothing as yet. I do have an info sheet but it doesn't show the cushion layout.

Will let you know how I get on.

Archived