Bullfinch gas outlet problem

ricky3233

hi just purchased a bullfinch gas outlet connector for my auto trail apache barbecue point

placed into the connection point turned to open gas valve works ok but when back in closed position the fitting will not release back out of the unit ! has any one had same problem or any advice welcome ? i have tried grips to pull out but no joy

thanks

rick

Hello,

I've had a couple of these on vans before and have one currently fitted. Never had any problems with them.

The first one I had (some years ago) I noticed before fitting that the socket was loose on the mount which attaches to the van.

I've also found that release needs only a gentle touch and the connector just falls out of the socket. Try not to over rotate the fitting.

It may be you have a faulty fitment

Peter

I have not long fitted one of those to my Autosleeper and have tried to work out whats going on. so from the pushed in and locked in position you turn it clockwise 90 degrees. does it pop back out far enough to just get your finger tips behind it and then get stuck or does it not pop back at all.. If it pops back at bit then I'd say it is lose on its own plastic mounting plate, if not at all I think you will have to remove the gas pipe and remove the unit from the van an give it a soak in penetrating oil Basically it's a ball valve and if the ball is stuck in the open position the gas plug is not coming out. Remove the pipe and adapter and the brass blanking plug screwed into the top and you will see the ball valve (a stainless steel ball bearing) If you can move that which should move freely up and down the chamber then your gas plug should come out. . If not £29 on ebay with plug. tools a 17mm open ended spanner cross or philips screwdiver and a big hammer if you feel like taking revenge on it

Archived