Photobucket has killed the Auto Sleeper forum

spospe

As per the title really. The Auto Sleeper forum has used Photobucket to host nearly all the images on their website and within the last few days Photobucket have changed their rules without notice and are demanding $300 to show the images.

You can see the effect here: http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/

Admittedly this is not really a subject for motorhome discussion, but it does show how well off we are here, in that all images are hosted on the Warners website and we are not subject to heavy-handed blackmail by third parties.

Anyone complaining about the 100k limit on images here should think again :-S

Thank god for that I thought it was a virus. I had tried to use photobucket in conjunction with ASOF and thought it was just my laptop had messed the site up or something. Still trying to work photobucket out for loading pic on ASOF Ill get there.....eventually :-D Im not up on this picture hosting but why can't ASOF do the same as OAAL its so much easyier

Thanks Paul

I have just been able to access and post using the mobile view which presumably the way the guys who have been posting for the last 2 days have accessed

I have emailed one of our members who has been able to post to see if this is the way he has been on

paulmold - 2017-07-02 5:58 PM

Don't panic, I'm sure it will be sorted in a few days.

I hope so Paul. I know you are a regular poster on there just as i am and when i logged in yesterday, like Ken, i thought it had been hit by a virus. Never seen such a mess......i hope ASOF get it sorted quick, but am quite surprised as it's a well run forum with decent software.

Personally i've never used Photobucket.....i always use some other image hosting sites!

The goodish news is that of right now the forum is useable, albeit with very basic images and still with large Photobucket icons scattered about.

This mess illustrates the problem that when you use a "free" on-line service you have few (if any) rights when the provider changes things at their whim.

From what I have read on the net is that Photobucket have committed " netaside". (Self inflicted web suicide)

Basicaly millions of users have had there accounts, frozen with a demand for payment for release, have said "@@@@@@ you" in a number of ways.

Advertising revenue is plummeting, and users are looking else where to host photos for multiple uses . Ie eBay, blogs, journal and scientific postings, etc.

I agree there is no such thing as a free lunch, nor web hosting, it depends on how much is charged for the use and how management of the account is handled.

Rgds

Archived