euro disney

Billbob

The rules applying to driving in Paris and needing a ‘Crit’Air’ anti-pollution sticker are dealt with on this link

https://www.aph.com/community/holidays/paris-anti-pollution-sticker-crit-air/

and summarised as follows

"Question: Where does the ‘Crit’Air’ pollution zone apply in Paris?

Answer: The whole of Paris includes the Crit’Air environmental zone. The city area of Paris is defined without suburbs and includes the area inside the city’s ring road – the “Boulevard périphérique”. This is not an official motorway and is described as ‘E15’ in the Eastern part of Paris, ‘Bois de Boulogne’ in the Western part of Paris and ‘Bois de Vincennes’ in the South east part of the city. Click below to see a map.

Question: Do I need a Crit’Air (CritAir) anti-pollution sticker for the Paris Ring Road (Boulevard Périphérique)

Answer: It’s the road that thousands of Brits will use as they motor to the south of France or Alpine ski resorts, but the good news is you WON’T need to buy a Crit’Air anti-pollution sticker to use it.

However, some sat-nav devices may lead drivers to the 18km tunnel that runs beneath the city. Accessing this will need a sticker, so make sure your sat-nav is taking you on the Ring Road, or Boulevard Périphérique, as it is officially known.”

The location of the Paris périphérique is shown in the attached drawing.

You’ll see from the following GOOGLE-map

http://tinyurl.com/y9eawhgt

that Disneyland Paris is a long way east of the main city, never mind its périphérique-bounded central area. Unless you enter the latter - and God have mercy on your soul if you do! - you won’t need a sticker.

(I was twice in Paris in the last fortnight as part of a train/coach trip and I’ve never seen traffic congestion like it. Compared with Paris, driving in London is a doddle.)

map-Paris-gross1.jpg.11382a3dc1fd498ae2534f21e3178d97.jpg

Archived