Van thermal insulation

NINOT

Hallo,

recently I've completed insulation of my van using https://www.reimo.com/en/50022-x_trem_1_4m_width_20mm/ which is the same or very similar material used by major conversion companies. The insulation was throughout: roof, sides and floor. I was under the impression that the temp inside will be somewhat lower than outside but that is not the case. Using silver screens on all windows the temp inside and outside is the same, these days around 35C. Did not expect to get AC environment but did expect to be better than this. Does anyone have similar situation?

Thanks

Insulation slows down heat transfer, it doesn't stop it. Over a period of time the temperatures will equalise, unless you deliberately raise/lower the temperature on one side of the insulation.

In Canada in Winter, lagging Cold Water pipes isn't enough, you need to either drain the pipes or apply heat to stop them freezing.

If you just lag them, even with 900mm of Insulation the temperature of the Water in the pipe will slowly drop to equal that of the external temp and freeze.

Thicker Insulation just slows down the heat loss, thereby increasing the time it takes to freeze.

Sorry but that is the best example I can think of to explain.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived