Laika ecovip R7 rear suspension anyone know

Jk78

Does anyone know if my 2001 ecovip rear suspension use ajustable it is lower on the one side and I'm certain it's not wait distribution. There is a nut with an Allen key thread on the hub at the bottom where the damper is attached at the bottom I was wondering if this is an adjustment point.

Assume the rear suspension is based on leaf springs. It's unlikely the damper is adjustable, unless the clever Italians used the latest rally car technology in 2001.

Sounds more like a sagging leaf spring and/or worn out shackles.

The Econip 7R model was built on a Fiat Ducato chassis with leaf-spring rear suspension that has no designed-in ‘adjustability’.

As Robbo advises, the likely cause of the vehicle being lopsided is that the leaf-spring on the side that’s low has lost its original springiness (not that unusual after 16 years) or the spring has become damaged, or there’s a problem with the shackles.

If the springs and shackles are OK and the lopsidedness is not too bad, fitting ‘semi-air assistance’

is commonly used to correct the stance of mature motorhomes exhibiting this type of problem. It could well improve the vehicle’s general handlng behaviour and comfort too.

I am very doubtful that the rear-suspension leaf springs used on Ducato X290 chassis would be suitable for a 2001 vehicle.

My understanding is that the composite (not “ceramic”) leaf spings available as a factory option for Ducato X290s provide a 15kg weight-saving and increased ground clearance. I’ve never seen them on a Ducato-based motorhome

Archived