Trigano Tribute 650 Indicator issue

paull

Hi I have a 2009 Tribute trigano and when starting the left indicator is flashing and wont cancel after a while it will start flashing left and right and will then be ok , i replaced the battery today as was 70% charging but issue is back again any one had a similar issue or idea ? please

thanks paul ( ;-)

paull - 2017-07-12 8:55 AM

Hi I have a 2009 Tribute trigano and when starting the left indicator is flashing and wont cancel after a while it will start flashing left and right and will then be ok , i replaced the battery today as was 70% charging but issue is back again any one had a similar issue or idea ? please

thanks paul ( ;-)

Could be a faulty flasher unit or wiring fault. If the vehicle has a towbar the connections would also need to be checked for corrosion or water in the socket.

Had a couple of issues with indicators, and they are related to the 'lane change' function.

The first is a mechnical/electrical problem, the indicator stalk is moved to position where it should remain on, but for some reason only the lane change works, so it stops after a few flashes, it seems to happen at random and never been able to replicate when having time to investigate.

The second problem is operator error, I've done it a couple of times, but gf is a serial offender, basicaly you attempt to turn off the lane change by a light touch opposite way, you end up constantly indicating left, then right, then left, then right etc.

paull - 2017-07-12 9:43 AM

HI MANY THANKS WE DO HAVE A TOWBAR SO WILL CHECK THIS , AND REPLACE FLASHER UNIT BEST PAUL

Check the towbar first before investing in a flasher unit as that is the most likely cause especially water in the socket. If, after checking, you need a flasher unit (which is far less likely) make sure you buy one that is suitable for use with a towbar as these tend to be heavy duty.

This is something I posted about two years ago. The symptoms do not exactly match yours but if the fault is not with your tow bracket then it may be worth looking at this solution. The vehicle was a 2010, X250 Fiat.

“I recently had a very intermittent fault on the off-side indicators – the front one would work, the dashboard repeat would work but the rear indicator would not. I checked the usual suspects - bulb, poor connection, fuse etc. but to no avail. The problem worsened yesterday when the key fob and separate alarm fob became ineffective. I eventually found a blown fuse in the alarm unit – changed it and all the faults cleared. All was OK – or so I thought!!

On rechecking that the fault was indeed cleared I saw that a different fault had manifested itself - neither of the indicators were working properly – a completely different problem.

Further investigation found that the wiring bundle from the doorjamb into the driver’s door had chaffed on the metal work. So much so that bare wires could be seen in two distinct areas – hence the blown fuse. I repaired this and covered the wiring bundle with plastic tubing.

I then checked the passenger side and again there were signs of chaffing; I resorted to the tubing again.”

Cattwg :-D

Had forgotten about that one, the loom has to pass throu two thicknesses of metal in the door pillar, the visable one has a rubber gromet, but behind that the next hole is a sharp edge, I made up a split grommet for mine.

Archived