calling rapido 7086f owners

sreve

Hi there,i am thinking of buying a 2005 rapido 7086f but have doubts about the rear axle weights.One of the guys at wellsbridge motorhomes told me that the 7086f would easily take a scooter rack and scooter then offered me an old 2nd hand rack that bolts on to a towbar with the tow ball removed for £200.00.However when i got back home i did a bit of internet searching and it seems that being able to mount a scooter rack and scooter on the back of a 7086f seems very unlikely.Also because of the large storage under the french bed it would be difficult not to load that area up and add even more weight behind the rear axle.

So are there any 7086f owners out there who can give me any advice or share there loading experiences.(I am not interested in the easylift scooter trailer with the 360degree turning wheels.)I do a fair bit of travelling for months at a time so storage is essential.

Many thanks.

Simon

On-line adverts for 2005 Rapido 7086F motorhomes (example here)

http://www.becksmotorhomes.com/vehicle/2005-rapido-7086f

show that the model has a substantial rear overhang and suggest it was only built on a Ducato 15 3500kg chassis.

The weight of a tow-bar, scooter-rack and scooter would place a significant load on the rear axle, but you really need to know what that axle’s maximum authorised load is (1900kg?) and what the load placed on the axle is at present (when the motorhome is fully loaded) to be able to calculate the effect of adding the rack and scooter. However, the combination of the Ducato 15 chassis and the long overhang means that there’s a very strong likelihood that an overload would result.

I notice that you asked before about carrying a scooter on a rear-mounted rack

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/motor-scooter-and-cycle-rack/47294/

and I echo the advice given then.

Archived