No internal power in motorhome

Alcopop1

Hi all

We have a W reg Fiat Ducaato 2.8D and it suddenly has no internal 12v power. No lights, water pump, nothing. Both batteries are showing full on the rocker switch panel.

We have recently had to have a new alternator and battery fitted, so not sure if they are related. I think the leisure battery is under the drivers seat. New to all this and fed up as we only got it a month ago (private sale not a dealer) and already having to pay out.

Is there any thing I can do without paying out for a garage again?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Hi I have a w reg 2,8d. you will need to lift off the drivers seat to get to the fuse on the leisure battery, you may find it has blown. I extended the fuse holder so it can be checked from the front of the seat, there are fuse under the lift up floor in the wardrobe, check you have not hit main switch off by mistake, good luck.

Alan

I notice that, in the “Interests” part of your Profile (which will not appear on your forum postings) you have put "Fiat Ducatto 'Cappuccino' year 2000 W reg”

I’m guessing that your motorhome was built by Swift and may be the model shown here

http://www.motorhomefinder.co.uk/motorhome/print/dealer/64254AE550BC208780257C1D0053A6BC/

Perhaps you could confirm if that’s correct, please, as there may well be forum members who own (or have owned) that particular model and can comment on it based on practical experience.

So rather embarrassingly I checked the power tonight and it worked. Seems when I checked it last time I had the engine running and I guess that cuts the 12v? Not sure if that is what is supposed to happen but at least it works.

Alcopop1 - 2017-07-24 6:37 PM

So rather embarrassingly I checked the power tonight and it worked. Seems when I checked it last time I had the engine running and I guess that cuts the 12v? Not sure if that is what is supposed to happen but at least it works.

The 12v (ie interior lights and pump) on our van does not work when engine is running either! Except the plug /lights that run from the engine battery. The sat nav would not work , if the 12v (cigar lighter type) at front of van , was not connected to engine battery I Guess.

Never mind Alan , all will become clear |.I have to say , that having not used van for some months, I can never remember how the heating works , when I need to use it! Only had van for 10 years!! For me it's an age thing!!

PJay

Archived