Looking for a two pin code reader.

BML

I own a 2002 Peugeot Boxer 2.8 diesel HN52 AOK and its started to belch out white smoke. The mechanic needs to access its "information centre" but all that exists is a two pin green connector and that is what I'm looking for.

Hi. I have a Ducato 2.8JTD from the same era. This what you need to connect your two pin to a standard OBD2 reader or diagnostic machine as used by pretty much all garages:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pin-OBD-to-16Pin-OBD2-Diagnostic-Adapter-Connector-Cable-for-Fiat-Alfa-Lancia-/261596861547?epid=1441951951&hash=item3ce863546b:g:HGcAAOSwfcVUGaKi

I have used mine many times connected to a Windows laptop via USB using 'MultiECUscan' software. Commercial garages have also connected using this adaptor as many of them do not have it in their kit (some do). It will also enable you to connect to a bluetooth OBD2 adaptor so that you can use an Android phone or tablet but the software on the available Apps is not usually as comprehensive as the MultiECUscan software.

You will also see positive and negative leads with the adaptor. You should only need the negative wire attached to your battery as the Sevel two pin plug seems to provide it's own positive.

Hope that helps.

Nobby

Nobby - 2017-07-25 9:58 AM

Hi. I have a Ducato 2.8JTD from the same era. This what you need to connect your two pin to a standard OBD2 reader or diagnostic machine as used by pretty much all garages:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pin-OBD-to-16Pin-OBD2-Diagnostic-Adapter-Connector-Cable-for-Fiat-Alfa-Lancia-/261596861547?epid=1441951951&hash=item3ce863546b:g:HGcAAOSwfcVUGaKi

I have used mine many times connected to a Windows laptop via USB using 'MultiECUscan' software. Commercial garages have also connected using this adaptor as many of them do not have it in their kit (some do). It will also enable you to connect to a bluetooth OBD2 adaptor so that you can use an Android phone or tablet but the software on the available Apps is not usually as comprehensive as the MultiECUscan software.

You will also see positive and negative leads with the adaptor. You should only need the negative wire attached to your battery as the Sevel two pin plug seems to provide it's own positive.

Hope that helps.

Nobby

Where is your 2 pin green plug situated please?

I am going to attempt to post a picture for you - fingers crossed!

If you look under the bonnet to the UK nearside, you will see the ECU against the nearside wing. It is the small plug with a fine green line around its' base. Please bear in mind that this is a LHD import, so there may be some variation.

Edit - If you have ABS as I have, there may be another similar plug in the area. If you get this one by mistake - nothing will happen!

IMG_1937red.JPG.8be00f92864adedc28d8d204c1bef903.JPG

Hi blaven, I had assumed as you had posted on this thread that you were a fellow early 2.8JTD owner but have just checked your profile which tells me that you have a 2003 model which 'should' be facelifted. That being the case, you will likely find your OBD2 plug inside the vehicle behind a panel below the steering wheel, perhaps close to the bonnet pull. There should be many other users on here who can help you further with that.

If it is indeed there, then you will not need the 2 pin adaptor and can plug straight in with the standard OBD2 plug and/or reader.

Nobby

Many thanks Nobby for posting the OBD info. I have what appears to be the same engine (2003 motorhome on a 2002 base vehicle) and was scratching my head over the OBD II connection. Your recommendations worked perfectly.

Not having access to an English workshop manual on this vehicle (does anyone???) I have a couple of off topic questions . . .

1. Any idea what the green socket is for? – see picture

2. Have you every carried out a change of the gearbox oil? I’ve read about a number of different approaches regarding the refill, one being via the reversing switch hole and the other via the speedometer connector hole. Neither appears particularly elegant compared to other vehicles I’ve done and I’d have thought that when the vehicle was constructed there would have been a more straightforward method.

GreenSocket.jpg.5a46dd867e5638183c3e1093c85f6f01.jpg

Archived