Salesman and motorhome payload - a positive

Brock

Was in Travelworld getting my 17th consecutive annual 'damp free' Habitation Damp Report on my third motorhome from the Hymer group when I overheard a salesman explaining to a couple that he thought the payload on the large van they were interested would be insufficient for their needs unless X was the sole driver [presumably had C1 licence] and the van was uprated. He asked them to think about what they were going to load into the van so he could advise further.

I don't what was the outcome although it was a pleasant surprise to hear a salesman discourage a sale on payload grounds given the way we pillory dealers for shifting metal irrespective of payload. One good salesman doesn't make a summer, or whatever the phrase is, but it is potentially one overloaded motorhome less on the road.

Oh, and I no longer get a sticker for my service book for the damp check. I was given a copy of the 'Leakage test' and the Report. The Leakage Test results are recorded on Hymer's computer records.

Brock - 2017-07-25 5:55 PM

Was in Travelworld getting my 17th consecutive annual 'damp free' Habitation Damp Report on my third motorhome from the Hymer group when I overheard a salesman explaining to a couple that he thought the payload on the large van they were interested would be insufficient for their needs unless X was the sole driver [presumably had C1 licence] and the van was uprated. He asked them to think about what they were going to load into the van so he could advise further.

I don't what was the outcome although it was a pleasant surprise to hear a salesman discourage a sale on payload grounds given the way we pillory dealers for shifting metal irrespective of payload. One good salesman doesn't make a summer, or whatever the phrase is, but it is potentially one overloaded motorhome less on the road.

Oh, and I no longer get a sticker for my service book for the damp check. I was given a copy of the 'Leakage test' and the Report. The Leakage Test results are recorded on Hymer's computer records.

That certainly makes a change. Although on the other hand you might just have been instrumental in getting someone the sack! Ignore that, it's just me being cynical, and a brownie point for Travelworld.

Ron

Archived