snooper s2700 ventura problems

tomdrumbrae

Hi bought this last march. It has now started to hang, switch on and off and some times revets to a grey screen. Snooper say it's out off warranty and want £30 to look at it. Looks like £230 down the pan . Any one else had issues with snooper ?

tomdrumbrae - 2017-07-29 1:27 PM

Hi bought this last march. It has now started to hang, switch on and off and some times revets to a grey screen. Snooper say it's out off warranty and want £30 to look at it. Looks like £230 down the pan . Any one else had issues with snooper ?

Yes! Although I had it for about 4 years before it started causing issues. It was an S6000 model. The problem came after a map upgrade (I had to buy their larger SD card than the original as the new maps were too large). It started to do exactly as you describe. I started to think that the problem showed its face when I was 'off road', when it would freeze or show a Microsoft error.

I changed it for a Garmin and have been really pleased with it.

Think ours was a S2000, but yes we did have several hardware/software issues with it. We dont live a million miles from Performance Products so were able to nip back to them and get it rectified. They dont have a shop or anything at their unit but were quite helpfull. We got fed up with this twoing and froing so changed to a Garmin

Archived