Satnav or apps

baden87

We looked at getting the Aguri after our 5 year old TomTom 1005 Camper was stolen (our fault), looked at the reviews and they are very mixed. So we went for a TomTom Professional Truck which you can put the vehicles dimensions in. Have now downloaded all the campsite and various things we had on the 1005, seems ok but not had a chance to use it yet so can't give a review. But if its as good as our old one we will be quite satisfied. There was an offer on at Currys and also Halfords but we ordered from Currys, came next day. We didn't have Lifetime Maps on our 1005 as we bought it in 2012 the year before they started doing these. I did look at a Garmin Camper that our Friend has but couldn't get to grips with it.

I have currently, the Garmin Camper 6 inch model, and have added my own poi for Britstops,Aires etc

I have also downloaded copilot basic version on to my Samsung 10 inch tablet, and have added poi on to it as well

Poi files for camping club, caravan club, national trust,britstops (my selection) .as well as club apps are also on the tablet( csv format files are available for download from both clubs),

In the past, I have had Mio, Tomtom, and snooper devices.

Each device has its own quirkx, and none are completely and totally accuratd, but my preference is Garmin, as it is easy to add poi, starting with csv files.

There are many sources of poi files, such as Archies Camping, or other internet sources

Enjoy the quirk of whichever device you opt for,

Tonyg3nwl

We have just returned from a eight week tour of the Baltic States. Our built in Garmin satnav was a little out of date and would have cost a silly amount of money to update so we down-loaded CoPilot for motorhomes/caravans onto an old 10" Samsung tablet and bought a tablet bracket from Amazon and off we went. We still use traditional maps for planning and the satnav as an aid and found that Copilot worked exceptionally well once you had become use to its ways. We would recommend going that route. Having a ten inch screen was really useful!

Archived