Leisure battery

Trickydicky1

Personally I would never buy another so called 'leisure' battery again as they seem to me to be no more than rebadged cheapies with varying durability which is too much of a lottery for the money.

I seem to recall that Allan's (AandNcaravans) experience suggests the Bosch (dual purpose Silver S5?) or the VartaLFD90, I think but I can't remember for sure?

Unless anyone else can, maybe a search of Allan's postings will reveal the answer?

Anyway that is what I would research and go for if I needed to.

Trickydicky1 - 2017-08-04 5:12 PM

Hi, our old leisure battery has just decided to expire on us.never had to buy one before.there are so many to choose from I need some guidance.as usual I would like your worthy opinions on which one to buy and where from. Thanks in advance.

Took the advice and fitted two Varta LFD90's in the previous van. Excellent batteries and good value for money - bought online from Tayna. The Hymer has two Varta AGM95 batteries which seem to be holding up well too but when they give up I would probably replace them with the LFD90's.

Whichever you choose in the end remember to make sure your charger is set for the correct type - eg wet acid/gel/AGM etc.

David

Archived