Electolux RM 4401 fridge

Steve423131

My Hymer fridge won't work on mains power. Dealer suspects a new heating element is needed. Fine! Type number as above forwarded to dealer, who says further serial numbers etc are available inside fridge.

At this point, having had to clean the fridge because of mold growth, I discovered that I had scrubbed off the data on the paper type plate at the bottom of the fridge.

Can anyone tell me if this data is available ( and accessible!) elsewhere on the fridge? Incidentally Dometic website has never heard of the model above so no alternative is listed. Buying a new fridge could be a sensible option if I new what to buy! Incidentally vehicle is a 1997 B584.

Any ideas welcome!

Hi

As far as I am aware, the model number is enough for a competent spares company to get parts. Dont worry that your model isnt listed on Dometics site-neither is mine, which was only made for Dethleffs vans of the same vintage as yours yet my local Unipart Leisure agent has had no trouble locating bits. I think they came from:

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/

Hope that helps.

The 4400 range IS listed on the Dometic web site under old fridges.

Suggest you rung Luton and talk to the spares department.

99 Oakley Rd, Luton, LU4 9GE, UK - 01582 494 111 for the Switchboard.

The Dometic web site offers the RM 7400L range as a replacement Fridge!

Hope that helps

C.

Clive - 2007-01-06 1:54 PM The 4400 range IS listed on the Dometic web site under old fridges. Suggest you rung Luton and talk to the spares department. 99 Oakley Rd, Luton, LU4 9GE, UK - 01582 494 111 for the Switchboard. The Dometic web site offers the RM 7400L range as a replacement Fridge! Hope that helps C.

I second that, they are very helpful and can probably suggest a reliable and not overly expensive repairer.

last time I contacted them the 'phone number wasn't on the website, though, so if you can't get to them in Clive's number above, go to the website, look for the postal address and then get their 'phone number from BT the on-line phone directory.  It worked for me, and the repairer was excellent.

Archived