Fiat 2.8 Timing belt costs

Motaman

I believe costs are based on the garage or repairers overheads, each would have a different rate. On a long time ago visit to a repairer he showed me an instruction manual for a similar task.

Provided he carried out the instructions according to the manual he would end up with a set total number of hours ... plus his rate.

I think you will have to ask around then choose who does the work.

I ended up paying over £600, because a local garage who probably hadn't done this job charge on the time it took them and they used it as side-track job, to be tackled when they had a spare period, and I wasn't in a hurry and didn't push.  I don't use them now!

I don't think it pays to choose a garge purely on price because you really don't want a rushed or bodged job, but you shouldn't need to pay more than £400.  On the other hand I'm not sure a Fiat Professional garage is a good idea because they seem to have adopted a system of booking you in for a "diagnostic proceedure" charged at £100, even for a routine planned maintenance job like this and they won't quote a price for the job in advance.

Archived