Boxer EML

weldted

Hi I have a 2012 130 boxer. I am having problems with the engine management light coming on. According to my reading the code it is low fuel rail pressure. It happened last year in France 2 days and 300 euros later, the Peugeot dealer changed a sensor but I still have the occasional problem. Under hard driving such as dropping a gear and powering up to overtake or on a long climb. We drove over 400 miles and it never came back on. Then pulling up a long climb on it comes and goes into limp mode. Have changed the fuel filter twice the van has done 24700 miles starts easily very economical no black smoke, but surges a little bit on tick over but very slight. Comments please.

Could be due to defective earth lead between engine and chassis?

I have heard of this problem with the engine surging as the alternator is speeded-up to raise the voltage (due to a highish resistance connection in the earth lead). The cure is to provide an additional earth strap from the engine end to the chassis. Nick Fisher (euroserv) is your man for this type of problem, but I think that his first suggestion would be to add an extra earth.

Archived