Low emission zone in London

wiff2110

Recently whilst in the Strand London I was watching the diesel driven red London transport buses passing by, and the clouds of black soot smoke most were emmitting and now I ask the question as to why my motorhome should be restricted from entering this zone as my vehicle does not have the same problem when I drive it, and yet these buses are continually polluting the atmosphere, I've phoned and written to the authority but my question falls on deaf ears, does anybody have an answer for me?

• 3 weeks later...

On Monday morning as we returned oop north from Folkestone, the M25 had according to TomTom a 60 delay so we took the Blackwall Tunnel route instead. As we approached along the A2, a Mitsubishi 4x4 in front us of belched black smoke each time he changed gear, We slowed down and he got away from us, and his smoke was some of the worst Ive seen in years.

We are compliant by the way.

I've never understood why the vehicles that operate in busy city centres all the time aren't the first to be required to be compliant. One issue here in West Yorkshire raised recently is that Leeds will have a low emission zone but Bradford won't. Question will the "mucky buses" be ejected from Leeds and come to operate in Bradford?

cheers alan

Archived