Cycle trails in Wales, help please.

Mike P

Mike P - 2017-08-21 11:36 AM

Spending September pottering about Wales. With my wife just recovering from a back injury, I wondered if folks could recommend any easy cycle trails for us.

many thanks,

Mike P

You do not say which part of Wales. However easy mostly flat coastal trail runs from just beyond Rhyl to Llandudno, only one uphill bit and this is short. Plenty of easy trails in the forests of Snowdonia which are a bit more challenging, at Betws y Coed and Coed Brennan

Hi Mike. go onto visitwales.com. (family cycle routes) you will find all you need on there. they are fantastic and a lot are flat, the Cardiff to castell coch is a little up hill but worth it. and the cycle path around Llanelli goes for miles in either direction, mostly flat. Enjoy your visit to 'gods country', roger

There’s a route from the centre of Swansea, around the bay and terminating at the pier in Mumbles, where there is a pub and café. It’s about 5 miles each way, off road and virtually flat. It’s shared with pedestrians.

It would probably be easier to park at the Mumbles end and cycle towards Swansea. There's a car park up the hill from Mumbles.

Cattwg :-D

Anglesey has a very friendly approach to Cyclists. They have a dedicated website called - "Isle of Anglesey Rural Cycling Network".

The Website can be found here : http://www.visitanglesey.co.uk/en/things-to-do/activities/isle-of-anglesey-rural-cycling-network/#.WZ8mGMKGOP8

The Island does have a hugely varied landscape, but is fairly flat.

Lots to see, a highlight if you are fit, is the South Stacks Light house and nearby Coast line.

See here for lots to see from the stark 'Moonscape' of Copper Mountain, which was the biggest Copper Mine in the World at one time, to the beach at Newborough. see : http://www.visitanglesey.co.uk/en/things-to-do/

Archived