Gas problem part 2..

hammer

Last month we had a new regulator fitted as the old one was blocked. All was good and working as it should until is week when I removed the propane bottle to see howhat much gas was left. Plenty left so I reconnected it and as I had previously been advised to bleed/purge the system I made a cup of tea on the gas hob.

All good to so far. Away with the van today and my dometic fridge is not working on gas. It seems to fire up hen after a while gives a fault code 9 (failure of gas to ignite). It works well on 240v and 12v, just the gas.

I then tried to fire up the gas hot water boiler and it also comes up with a red fault light (truma). I can hear it trying to light but it doesn't.

No other taps have been moved, the truma cs regulator doesn't seem to have tripped (crash mode) and there is plenty of gas coming through the gas hob and grill.

It sounds like a blockage (air?) somewhere. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

CI carioca

Thanks

Has your new gas regulator got a little green button on it towards the bottom ? Just a chance that they might have fitted this newer type that features an auto shut off in case of a gas leakage on the LP side. If so press the green button in for about 5 seconds to 're-engage' the supply.

I am only saying this as you said all was OK until you changed a cylinder so this might be the problem. Quite a few newer MH's are fitted with this type of regulator and the same on the hose pig tails, a safety feature that means you can keep your gas system 'live' whilst still driving and if you have an accident or sudden loss of pressure in the gas system will shut everything down safely.

Alan

Hi Tracker I tried the fridge maybe 5 or 6 times. Once it worked for an hour or so before cutting out. I am new to this but it lights automatically and to reset it I am switching it off and on again

I tried the water heater twice, half an hour apart and both times I can hear what I assume to be the electric gas lighter sparking but the red fault light comes on straight away. Doesn't sound like gas is lighting at all there.

I have just turned the fridge on and the gas is lighting, as it has done all day, it just cuts out again after a random length of time.

I have now used the gas stove twice without problem - only boiling water but the gas would have been on for 5 mins or so in total. I can turn all 3 gas rings on and they are all burning well.

hammer - 2017-08-21 8:29 PM

Hi Alan, yes the regulator has the green button. I have pressed it in without any difference. There is gas in the hob and grill/oven which I don't think would be present if it the green button had tripped?

Keep going for a while as it will take e little while to bleed the line of air for the fridge and the fire before the gas comes through.

Alan

Archived