Cheap or better still free motorhome site near beach

ColinM50

Son and D. I. L are borrowing our M/H for the bank holiday weekend. I'm apparently putting a few bottles of wine and beer in it and filling it with diesel and my better half is filling the fridge since they're a bit short of money at the moment, so they're looking for a really cheap few days away. It's their anniversary too so are dropping the kids off at mother in law near Exeter and we're having the dog. Again.

So, where can they go, ideally on/near a beach in that part of the country, really really cheaply? Hook up in a nice pub car park would be ideal. Not Cornwall, they've just had a week camping there.

Any suggestions please ?

Have a look on - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/

(Where you can do an "advanced" search eg pubs..hook-up etc..)

This is from a basic map search, just clicking Exmouth-ish..

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/calcdist.asp?clubs=99&bar=&shop=&restaurant=&md=20&l=50.499452103967734&lg=-3.25469970703125

.....but if it's for this coming Bank Holiday...in the south west...near or on a beach....then the best of luck (lol)

That's a big ask for a Bank Holiday weekend in an area that's popular at anytime, Colin :-(

If they don't mind being away from the coast the alternative magazine lists 3 Pub night stops in Devon or 4 in Somerset, although no prices stated & need to ring in advance. Some are free if partaking a meal (No membership of any Club required)

Devon

The Castle Inn, Lydford, Oakhampton EX20 4BH

The Highwayman's Haunt, Exeter Rd., Chudleigh, TQ13 0DE

The Thelbridge Cross Inn, Thelbridge, Crediton, EX17 4SQ

Somerset

The Green Dragon, CombeSt. Nicholas, Chard, TA20 3NG

Home Mead (next to Greyhound Inn) Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton, TA3 5SP

The Enmore Inn, Enmore Lane, Enmore, TA5 2AH

The Royal Oak, The Square, Stoke St. Gregory, TA3 6EH

A Google search of Postcodes should reveal if any location is suitable & contact details of the Pubs.

Thanks all, printed all you suggestions off and gave it to him along with one of mine. The Toby restaurant in Lympstone are more than happy for you to park up overnight for free esp if you have dinner there. Asked the girlie who answered the phone if we could plug the M/H in so we can watch TV and and she couldn't see why not but would have to ask when we turn up.

Toby Carvery Lympstone, Exmouth Road, Lympstone, Exeter, Devon, EX8 5AJ

We're fans of Toby Carvery's, a good four meat roast dinner for £6.50. What's not to like unless you're a deviant or a vegetarian? Yes, maybe not a good deal for vegetarians, but OK for normal folk

So I think they'll stay there one night and then work down your list..

So thanks to all who contributed.

Archived