Remoska v Bravoska

ksebruce

Hi, we,ve been thinking of buying a Ramuska from Lakeland but having read of a bravoska we're now unsure which to get. The Bravoska is only available on the web so we can't see one before buying. Anyone any advice please? For example is the Bravoska ok to run on hookup? Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with the Bravoska but I am with the Remoska. From a quick look on Ebay the Bravoska is about the same price, likely to be heavier as it has a coated cast iron base as opposed to a coated aluminium one with the Remoska. It is also more complicated. It has a thermostat which is needed as it is rated at 1250w rather than the 470w of the standard Remoska. There shouldnt be a problem with using the Bravoska on any UK site but you could trip out the supply on some sites in France especially if you are also using battery chargers etc. On the face of it the Bravoska offers better value BUT the Remoska in my opinion is brilliant, partly because of its very simplicity. We have been using one for quite a while now without any problem even in France on low power supplies. We have just bought our second because we now find we use it almost daily at home. Also bear in mind Lakeland give an excellent guarantee and do mail order. At the end of the day it's your choice but if you choose the Remoska I am sure you wont be disapointed. 

I've just had a shuftie at the spec for each and the Remoska seems to be a lot lighter than the Bravoska and also the power required is a lot less for the Remoska.

The Bravoska is 1250W which means, from what I can tell, that quite a bit of power is required to use if, over 5 amps if my maths is correct. You may find that if you want to use this on some sites, especially abroad, the power from the hook-up won't be sufficient in which case you won't be able to use it. On the up sid, it may mean that food cooks quicker but whether it takes longer to warm up the cast iron 'pan' I don't know. The largest Remoska is 650W power, less than 3 amps so you shouldn't have hook-up problems.

Again, if my maths is right, I think the cooking area for the Remoska (round) appears to be larger than for the Bravoska (oval) so that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

Cleaning - the Remoska would appear to be the easiest to clean and less cumbersome.

I must add that I haven't got either, this is purely what I've tried to gleam from website info.

I'd suggest instead thinking about getting one of those double skillet things (like 2 frying pans one inverted on top of the other), you can at least use it on gas if you need to and it does the same sort of thing but for a lot less money and you then have a couple of useful pans for other things. If you want to use skillets on gas you can get a cheap single hob (or a double), you then have the best of both worlds and aren't having to store yet another large piece of equipment.

We have a Grand Remoska, a brilliant bit of kit! Have cooked the Sunday roast in it today, fab for jacket spuds, casseroles, pastry dishes etc. Not particularly heavy but needs a fairsized locker for storage. Also very good service from Lakeland - as always.

I would recommend going for the Grand if you can accommodate it, more space for more goodies.

Bon appetite

Vixter (WOW, my 100th post! Break out another bottle of Sanatogen!)

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Remoska v Bravoska?

This is not a joke - I didn't look at this thread at first because I genuinely believed that it was either:

Someone asking about a football match between two East European football teams, and possibly camp sites to use for the match.

Or someone asking which of two cities in Latvia, Bulgaria (perm any two from 300 European cities) is the nicer to visit!

Imagine my disappointment when I finally had a look and found that it's only about a glorified barbecue or something!

Hello, we have experience of both the Remoska and also the Bravoska and in our opinion the Bravoska wins hands down. The Bravoska is more stylish, and you have choice from three colours and two sizes. I prefer a modern design and a lot more versatile cooker. Our large family size cooker is 7.1 litres. The capacity includes the lid (or the base if it is inverted) and it is great for not only baking bread and cooking cakes when it is used as an oven or roasting or grilling but also invert it again and use it as a pan for cooking stews, frying etc. The thermostat allows me to regulate the temperature from 60-260*C, so I can slow cook if I want to, or only warm up or defrost or just keep food warm. It is very easy not complicated at all. I am taking my Bravoska to the table and it also keeps the food hot during the meal. My old Remoska was broken and I did not want spent about £50 (lots of money) to repair this. Before Christmas my friend John bought the smaller Bravoska for his girlfriend from Headings (I think he said headings.co.uk, a mail order company). He uses the Bravoska most days and is very happy. He also uses it in his motorhome and saves money over running his main oven and also the red colour matches with his kitchen. He said, that he never has had roast chicken so moist, and it cooks quickly. The oval shape of the Bravoska is also better than the round pot shape of the Remoska when storing it in the motorhome. The size he bought is OK for both of them, but I chose the large one because I have 5 people in our family. The price was only slightly more as well. I bought our Bravoska from a different company wattpowersolutions.com along with an exceptionally good priced 2000 watt DC-AC inverter which we use to run our Bravoska and other things when we are on battery power only. Excellent service they gave us too. I am very happy with Bravoska and I can recommended it to everyone. It has saved me time and money.

Archived