Good Campsite near Bath

R.Carder

Hi, a quick search on tablet, throws up Bristol, Cheddar, and Longleat cmc club sites within 25 miles of Bath.

It also shows various certificated sites near bath, so if you are a club member then check the handbook.

Havent checked ccc sites around but highly likeley their list will show something within striking distance

Britstops also worth looking at if you are member

Tonyg3nwl

We haven't used it for years(10+?) but there is(was?) Newton Mill Camping and Caravan park on the outskirts of Bath (short bus ride), set in a nice secluded valley, with a stream..

There is(was?) also Bath Marina, which is walkable in..but again, we haven't used that for umpteen years either.

I do tend to recall that the the 'Marina was pricey though.

I think there's a CC(C&MC?) CL site very near to Bath but we've never used it.

Edit to add-

Here you go- (marina site) https://bathcaravanpark.com/

(..but it looks as if the Newton Mill 'site is now a swanky "Lodge Retreat" ......)

We stayed at the Marina camp site last year for the Christmas market. Frequent buses + P&R. Pleasant walk along tow path, about 45mins walk, bit muddy in parts. Not for night walking though. Very helpful staff, refunded my extended stay fee because they had booked our pitch by mistake, let us move our van to the staff parking area.

We stopped at Bath Marina last year, I have mobility problems and found it great for accessing Bath, park and ride a short walk away with frequent busses into Bath.

There is also a pub selling food at the same distance, didn't use it myself but always looked busy.

Pete

We have stayed at the Bath Marina site a couple of times. It's not a bad site with reasonable facilities.

If you are fit there is a nice walk into the center along the river bank, about 3/4 hour. There is a park-and-ride just round the corner but it has height barriers, or the bus stop is on the main Bath Bristol road 5 minutes walk.

Billggski - 2017-08-28 3:52 PM

The marina has a park and ride into Bath across the road, or you can walk along the towpath.

+1 stayed there last year and it was fine. A bit tired and jaded and not overly secure but OK for a night or two, wouldn't want to stay a fortnight though

Archived