Shepton Mallet Show Jan 11th to14th

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

Is anyone else going there this year?

Perhaps we could meet for an exhange of rude jokes, a good slagging off of the government or something else equally constructive?

Richard

Guest starspirit

Is it me?

C'mon folks where's yer sense of adventure?

The worst you can get is wet, although most of the show is indoors and heated!

Shepton's a good show and all parking's on hard standing, with two nights free entertainment and only costs £25 for up to 4 nights.

No electric so good batteries needed, but water, waste disposal and gas on site.

Shame MMM doesn't 'recognise' it, but as it's not one of their 'products' I guess you can't blame them?

But, together with it's September twin, we reckon these are two of the best shows.

And NO I ain't on commission (2 m's & 2 s's? I think?)

:-> ;-) Hi Folks,

We is going and it will be our first motor home show. Hope to arrive late on Thursday from East Anglia We are easily recognised with our 2 dogs, the cat will stay at home this time. Hymer and Bedlington and Spaniel, see you there and look forewards to meeting with some of you.

Regards Henry.

PS yes the dogs wills tay in the van whilst we have a good look around everywhere! Thanks for that one

starspirit - 2007-01-08 10:50 AM

Is it me?

C'mon folks where's yer sense of adventure?

The worst you can get is wet, although most of the show is indoors and heated!

Shepton's a good show and all parking's on hard standing, with two nights free entertainment and only costs £25 for up to 4 nights.

No electric so good batteries needed, but water, waste disposal and gas on site.

Shame MMM doesn't 'recognise' it, but as it's not one of their 'products' I guess you can't blame them?

But, together with it's September twin, we reckon these are two of the best shows.

And NO I ain't on commission (2 m's & 2 s's? I think?)

MMM does recognise it page 33 & 39 of January's mag.

There's a thread already on the forum ref the show. http://tinyurl.com/yhfnvt

Don

Guest starspirit

Hi Henry - hope to see you there.

We're in our Autocruise Starspirit (no surprise there then!) WG54BXA along with our softy lunatic border collie.

Richard & Dot

Guest starspirit

Hi net traveller

We tend to avoid city type shows as we prefer the slightly more informal smaller ones where camping is reasonable and access easy.

Never been to Dusseldorf - is it good - would you go again? Is the language issue an issue for non German speaking types like wot we is.

Come to that me English ain't so hot neither!

I've got two day tickets for Shepton (courtessy of WCMH) that will allow two people in for a fiver (saves £5), which we won't need.

Would you like one or both?

Richard

hi richard

i have a BOGOF for Shepton Mallet c/o Motorhome Monthly, a free mag which can, sometimes, be found on the supermarket free racks. You can also get details via http://www.stoneleisure.com.

as to Duesseldorf. although it is a german show the world and its wife show up. to give you an idea of exhibitors please look at http://www.caravan-salon.de/en.

english, and other languages, are well spoken.

you would probably need to allow 2 days for a good going over.

the campsite is fine although the showers are communal, not to everyones taste.

should you prefer to stay at another site in the area you can drive to the show or use public transport. it is straight forward whichever option you choose. if you are staying in the area but not a the Messe your entry ticket gives you free transport back to your accommodation. With a 2 day ticket you get travel back on day 1 plus a free return on day 2.

;-)

Did this show last year for first time and I was impressed. At this time of year I expected half a dozen vans and same amount of exhibitors. But It's well worth it.

I'll be there with the Pilote Owners. And we do have electricity as we're a load of softies :-D

Guest starspirit

I don't need electricity because I will have Michele to keep me warm.

For what I am about to recieve may the lord have mercy on my soul.

Aren't I the lucky one - or something??????????????????????????????

Hi out there!

We booked with Hymer Uk as we have just got one from Preston. We have been going to Shepton ever since we started swapping motorhomes at regular intervals at mind boggling losses.(I've put my foot down this time I aint buying another one) Unfortunately, the Father-in -law was whisked into hospital last week and only missed getting to the great 'Aire in the sky' by the timely intervention of the local vicar!!!!!!! and her prayers. We spend all our time in the hospital car park trying to dodge large bulky Polish attendants. He is coming home at the weekend so our 3 day pitch with electric will not be used. I might just sneak down on Sunday and have a squint and try and get a Gaslow system but I guess they will have sold out by then. By the way anyone going skiing in the French alps in March. Get in touch :'( :'( :'( :'(

ned - 2007-01-09 8:41 PM

We booked with Hymer Uk as we have just got one from Preston.

Bit off topic but I used to own a Hymer, bought from Brownhills. Tried to join the Hymer Club but they turned me down as I hadn't bought my van from Hymer UK. "But Brownhills own Hymer UK" I said. They were adamant so I decided, in a paraphrase of Groucho Marx, that I didn't want to join any club that wouldn't have me as a member. :-D

Guest starspirit

Hope to see you there Henry.

Meanwhile gotta go get some beauty sleep (much needed in my case before Michele says it) as it looks like being a fun drive tomorrow in up to 70mph winds and horizontal rain. Still at least the winds will be following me (that sounds familiar)

Hope the ruddy Severn bridge will be open!

Archived