Dunkirk campsite for ferry recommendation/experience?

snowie

If you are on an early ferry park overnight at the ferry port ,taking I think second turning of roundabout and it takes you the booking office and parking ,we always go over on late ferry from Dover and park there for night.

Did same returning ,toilet's in booking office nothing else.

There is a restaurant Campula I think before you get to post

This August we stayed two nights at Campsite Kindervreugde which is actually in Belgium 14 miles East of Dunkirk. Details in the ACSI listing. Very tidy site with nice toilet block and friendly staff. One of the holiday girls even came round the vans in the evening to ask if we wanted any bread in the morning. There are no eating places on site and we did not look for one. However, see below re our visit to De Panne by bus where there are lots of restaurants.

One day we walked a short distance to De Panne bus station in Adinkerk and took the bus into De Panne (10 minutes). Would very much recommend this site as one of the best we stayed at in Belgium.

Caddies104 - 2017-09-15 3:50 PM

Hi

We use Chateau du Gandspette an Acsi site (1296) which is between Calais and Dunkirk. Has very good facilities plus , bar, restaurant, takeaways, swimming pool, tennis court and boules court. Has a supermarket within walking distance.

16:30 just arrived and got last hardstanding!

Not too sure about the 4M between pitch and site road but hey-ho.

Looks good otherwise, but still raining on n off

Alan b

Hi Derek,

V2 museum "La Cupole" I think, went there with the kids quite a few years ago: very impressive.

Just trying to decide whether we stop off at Carrefour for one of those brown plastic mini barrels of red?

Looking around C'four I'm really puzzled by French wines, particularly the vast range under €3.

So; looking forward to a bit less rain

Regards

Alan b

• 2 weeks later...
Caddies104 - 2017-09-17 10:32 AM

Alan

We always go for the boxes of ROCHE MAZET in red and white, well under 10 euro for a 3 litre box,,, a very nice drinkable wine.

Hope the Sun shines soon.. (lol) (lol)

Derek

Stayed at Bergues (free camperstop) last Friday and stocked up with 24 bottles of ROCHE MAZET Cabernet Sauvignon and Merllot to bring home.

johnfromnorfolk - 2017-09-25 3:31 PM

Caddies104 - 2017-09-17 10:32 AM

Alan

We always go for the boxes of ROCHE MAZET in red and white, well under 10 euro for a 3 litre box,,, a very nice drinkable wine.

Hope the Sun shines soon.. (lol) (lol)

Derek

Stayed at Bergues (free camperstop) last Friday and stocked up with 24 bottles of ROCHE MAZET Cabernet Sauvignon and Merllot to bring home.

e

Enjoy hic! Hic! (lol)

Archived