Oven

coot

Most German made vans don't have ovens so the German manufacturers probably aren't that well versed in the correct installation technique - assuming there is one, regarding ventilation.

Probably the only solution is to install a vent in the sidewall of the van to dissipate the heat.

Suggest you ask the dealer for his comments and long term solution to the problem. Maybe the oven has a manufacturing defect.

Ours has a metal shield that slides out just above the oven. It stops the heat from the oven damaging the drawer above. I assume this shield was inserted by Hymer when it fitted the oven on the production line. Apart from rattling when we are on the road, the shield works well.

Brock - 2017-09-18 3:02 PM

Ours has a metal shield that slides out just above the oven. It stops the heat from the oven damaging the drawer above. I assume this shield was inserted by Hymer when it fitted the oven on the production line. Apart from rattling when we are on the road, the shield works well.

Our old Pilote had the same but took us a while to realise it was there. It was well tucked away.

Probably no help because it's a different oven but......

Is there a seal on the oven door?

We couldn't understand why when using the oven it was not comming up to temp' but the control knobs were getting hot together with the grill area. I tried to find why, insulation missing/not enough air etc but had to admit defeat and get it fixed. I hadn't noticed the door seal was missing when we bought it. Doh.

B-)

Archived