2017 Auto-Trail V-Line 610 SE

arthur49

I looked at the V-Line in 2014 but decided against them as I was not happy with the build quality - looked very fragile to me with most examples I looked at having some sort of fault or breakage, even at the NEC show!

I looked at most of the PVC's available and finally went for a Vantage Neo on the basis primarily of build quality which, in my opinion, is the best available - solid as a rock. This impression has turned out to be valid as nothing has come apart or failed in 3 years. The van is also very well designed and works superbly in practice. I really like the U-shaped lounge as it provides much more usable boot space compared to having just two parallel settees. The Neo is 6.36m and the additional length over the 6.0m Sol version is very useful with no real impact on how it drives or parks. There is also a 6.36m version with an even bigger boot.

Yes, we have a 2017 Euro 6 model in which we have now just done over 3000 miles, and I would say they are as good (or otherwise) as most UK PVCs. We downsized from a Burstner coachbuilt with the same internal layout, and apart from the obvious difference in size, find it very good, and certainly very comfortable.

It suits very well on the road and is comfortable to drive, and whilst we have had a few problems, I don't think they are any more than any other new model from any manufacturer.

Having had MHs for 25 years or more, they are certainly better on the road for driving than the coachbuilts, and overall build quality is satisfactory

We looked at Autocruise, Rhythm, but due to the silly little fridge which as well as being too small, did not run on gas, it was a no no, though we thought the internal styling did look better than the Autotrail.

I'm not sure that there are many of this variety around at present in dealers, and ours was delayed in manufacture by 2-3 months.

PM me if you want any further info..

A couple of weight-related comments...

I notice that the leisure-battery of the V-Line 610 SE seems to be relatively small capacity at 75Ah (25kg weight penalty if a 2nd battery is opted for).

The standard 610 SE motor is Fiat’s 2.0litre 115bhp powerplant and (according to Auto-Trail’s Weight Calculator) specifying a 2.3litre motor instead has no effect on weight, nor does opting for ComfortMatic transmission (only available with a 2.3litre motor).

Rapido also fits Fiat’s 2.0litre 115bhp unit as standard for their current ‘Van” models, but Rapido's documentation quotes 35kg as the weight penalty if a 2.3litre motor were to be chosen, and a further 17kg for ComfortMatic. (ie. opting for a 2.3litre motor with ComfortMatic would knock 52kg off the user-payload of a standard Rapido Van with 2.0litre motor and manual transmission.)

I’m pretty sure that Rapido’s data are correct - that a Fiat 2.3litre motor/gearbox is significantly heavier than the 2.0litre and that ComfortMatic transmission is heavier than the manual gearbox on which it is based.

Archived