Dethleffs

Natali

Hi Natali

can't asnwer the first part as neither appear to be current models.

As to 'projected by women'......here's a quote from the current model brochure which appears to refer to certain models, against which there is a symbol for 'Girl Power Motorhome'.......(sorry I can't copy the symbol over), and the following explanation -

.'....This project with experienced female cacaravanners resulted in especially convenient solutions. One of them is the Gourmet Kitchen Centre with split cover for hob and sink and spacious drawers'

Quite what it has to do with gorl power I'm not sure, but sounds a bit sexist to me, implying teh cooking is done by the girls.....not true!! A quick look through the brochure seems to suggest it does only apply to the'Advantage' models, however.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the information. But I can't find any info about 'Girl Power Motorhome'. What is it? Was it a project. Do they have a site or maby articles about it? What did they invent. Dethleffs said about interior and design advantages. Thank you.

Flicka -

hi, I had read the brochure prior to quoting form it on my earlier reply, but I hahve to admit I couldn't actually see what 'Girl Power' was meant to suggest, or how the kitchen differed from any other - or at least the better designed ones in other motorhomes.....seemed to me like a 'sales' spin rather than anjy real difference or novel ideas.....

Natali-

If you open the link which Flicka suggested, then look at the picture of the motorhome itself, that is 'low profile' design....one where the front of the cab flows smoothly into the roofline of the motorhome. The chassis may or may not be lower, I think this would depend on the manufacturer, and would not necessarily be reflected in the shape of the roof. The new Fiat special motohome chassis is in fact lower, specially designed for building motorhomes on, and theoretically keeping a lower centre of gravity, and would not have any effect on the shape of the front of the roofline!.

Hi Keith

I had a look at this van in the flesh, but it did not suit our requirements.

I can only think they mean that the Sink & Hob have covers to give flexible worktops area.

As with the sink cover down for when cooking or the Hob cover down for when using the sink.

As you say it can only be "sales" spin or maybe it is not standard on the Dethleffs range?

maybe others know different, but I could not determine anything special. Maybe "Girl Power" just relates to the fact that they sought feminine opinion during the design stage.

Natali

If you select the other "Used Motorcaravans" on the page I posted it will show another Dethleffs model which is a full Coachbuilt model with an Overcab bed.

Flicka

flicka - 2007-01-08 10:36 PM

I can only think they mean that the Sink & Hob have covers to give flexible worktops area.

As with the sink cover down for when cooking or the Hob cover down for when using the sink.

Hi Flicka-

yes, guesws so, most have a cover over the hob, but perhaps more often a 'removable' (ie detachable one) on the sink.......still, I seem to remember that 10 yrs or so ago, our first Autosleeper had hinged covers over the hob and sink.....so there's progress for you!

Sorry, can you help me again. What does it mean? 41 mm floor thickness, 34 mm wall and roof thickness. Is it important? is it an advantage?

and this: Exterior side-walls in smooth aluminium. Is it great. and what for they do this?

Natali

As a guide thickness determines strength and insulation.

Aluminium is used by a number of manufacturers - smooth = single sheet as opposed to an older method that used longitudinal aluminium planks.

It's advantage is weight and cost. Current day alternative would be moulded GRP panels

Flicka

Archived