omnistor 3.6m roll out problem

fesspark

I have a problem taking in my awning, the front of the van end the blind does not close tight so that the rain gets in. We had the awning out when a cloudburst in Spain earlier this year and it sagged the awning slightly, Can I adjust the the nuts on the arms to make it work o.k. or what?

Have you tried unwinding it fully, to the point at which there is no more fabric wound onto the roller, and then winding it back in while applying a little gentle tension evenly to the fabric up to the point at which the rafter poles start to fold back, and thereafter just wind in as normal. It sounds a bit as though the weight of the water (always angle the lead rail of the waning to shed water - whatever the weather!) has tightened the fabric on one end of the roller, meaning it no longer rolls in parallel to the case.

Brian had the awning out today and tried what you suggested, it is rolled slightly offline causing it not to roll up to close tight but tried several times to tighten without any luck, having a good look at it I think the two centre folding arms are at fault ,they must have distorted themselves with the weight of the water laying in the canvas.,looks like its a job I cannot undertake myself, fesspark

Annoying! It should roll back square, and the fabric should not stretch to allow the lead rail to get out of line.

Maybe your best bet will be to take it to whoever is your nearest fitting company (or get them to you), to look at it and see what's gone wrong. It may just require adjustment, but even if damaged I think all the parts are available as spares, so a bent rafter pole should be replaceable.

Bet you had fun getting all that water off without getting a shower! :-)

Archived