Pure Water On Line ???

whisturx

Does this company still exist ? I have bought 2 of the original Nature Pure water Filters over the years. I changed the filter last year and in the process of draining it last week the plastic sealer strap snapped making it impossible ever to change the filter again. Last time this happened "Harold" found the last replacement bowl. I note the Quick Change version has replaced mine but wondered if the pipes have the same connecting thread as the previous model ? Save changing the existing tap.

It appears the company have traded under Nature Pure, General Ecology and now Pure Water On Line and everything on the web site is "Out of Stock " !! Strange !!

Early in 2017 the UK distributor lost his distribution rights.

The original filter had a part number of 420420 and the distributor was replacing it with a filter with number 420422, an inferior product.

This matter was brought to the attention of the American company and action taken.

Lots of discussions on MotorhomeFun about this and possible ways of using an alternative product.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/purewateronline-lose-distribution-rights-as-funsters-refunded.146572/page-6

Thanks Robbo. The filter in the original Nature Pure is only 6 months old so hopefully will last a while as I can't change the filter ever again. I can blank the T off the main input water pipe but the tap has to stay as the kitchen corian top would have a nice hole in it ! Have to hope that someone will or does supply a similar product .

whisturx - 2017-10-07 11:27 AM

Thanks Robbo. The filter in the original Nature Pure is only 6 months old so hopefully will last a while as I can't change the filter ever again. I can blank the T off the main input water pipe but the tap has to stay as the kitchen corian top would have a nice hole in it ! Have to hope that someone will or does supply a similar product .

If you can send me a photo of your filter I may have a new filter if you need it, I bought two last time and now no longer need it. info@campinglft.com

Mark.

Robbo - 2017-10-07 10:27 AM

The original filter had a part number of 420420 and the distributor was replacing it with a filter with number 420422, an inferior product.

This matter was brought to the attention of the American company and action taken.

In which case, assuming the American company itself hasn't ceased trading, wouldn't it be possible to obtain a replacement from them?

Brian Kirby - 2017-10-07 2:46 PM

Robbo - 2017-10-07 10:27 AM

In which case, assuming the American company itself hasn't ceased trading, wouldn't it be possible to obtain a replacement from them?

Yes, that's what I thought Brian. In fact, there is a note on the American site with respect to UK customers who can't purchase via the UK distributor:

https://generalecology.com/category_products.php?category_name_url=in-home

Thanks all for your suggestions. Mildi , The problem is not the filter at the moment as it's quite new. But with the bowl (similar to the casing on an oil filter ) . The filter system is permanently locked as the plastic push-in sealing ring has snapped off so can not be withdrawn to change the filter. The only fix is a new casing which were withdrawn 4 years ago in favour of the Quick Change QC type. Last time this happened "Harald" of Nature Pure had an odd spare.

I have e-mailed the American parent company to see if their QC system will fit the plastic pipes supplied with my old system. Also I think the tap may be different , as it is supposed to give a better water flow rate. If I have to buy the whole system lets hope the hole drilled in my corian worktop will be the same diameter !!

Thanks again

Archived