Euro6 Fiat Ducato 'quality enhancement' notice

Gerry McG

I posted this on MH fun, but incase you don't read that forum.

I had reason to call Fiat Customer service about something after my 2017 150hp Euro 6 van (built Sept -Oct 2016) was in at my local Fiat Professional dealer yesterday.

The issue I had was resolved, but I got a follow up phone call this morning from the Fiat Customer Service operator saying that she noticed an outstanding 'quality enhancement' notice on my van. She called the dealer to see if they had applied the 'enhancement' when my van was in, and they had not, so she was calling me to get me to make a booking.

Fwiw, the recall ref is as follows.: 6152-290-TUBO-EGR

Tubo is Italian for tube / pipe / hose. EGR is self explanatory.

My van was showing as green on the Fiat camper App check status at the time Fiat CS called me and I notice it is now showing as red this morning, informing me a recall outstanding for my van and to book it in to a dealer to get it sorted.

I don't know much more than the above information I'm afraid

Might be worth contacting fiat to see if your van is affected

Gerry I have a 2017 Ducato 130 and I am un aware of this APP you are all talking about, so I also don't know of any recalls, can you explain to me how I get this APP on my iPhone please. I am off to Spain late November so would like to get any issues resolved before I leave. :-D

The app is called Fiat Camper in the iOS Store. You need to enter your chassis number and then it will tell you if it is subject to a recall.

It turns out that mine has two outstanding recalls that have been outstanding for some months that the dealer should have dealt with before I took delivery on 15th September according to Fiat in Milan.

I am still awaiting a date for this work to be done by my dealer despite escalating it to Fiat Milan. :-(

Valkrider - 2017-10-18 6:55 PM

The app is called Fiat Camper in the iOS Store. You need to enter your chassis number and then it will tell you if it is subject to a recall.

It turns out that mine has two outstanding recalls that have been outstanding for some months that the dealer should have dealt with before I took delivery on 15th September according to Fiat in Milan.

I am still awaiting a date for this work to be done by my dealer despite escalating it to Fiat Milan. :-(

^ that sums it up pretty well . I don't know if there is an equivalent app for Android - I use an iPhone, so I know there is an apple app.

if you call Fiat Camper Customer Service and have your VIN No handy, they should be able to advise you over the phone what (if any) recalls are outstanding.

FWIW, I registered my Oct 2016 build base PVC van in the UK in Jan '17. when I downloaded the app, it came up as showing a red recall - which turned out to be an emissions related software update which I got done in Feb 17 at my local Fiat Professional garage FOC.

This latest one appears to be a replacement? of an EGR hose in the engine -

I suspect these may be the 2 recalls that are outstanding for @Valkrider

Gerry

Thanks Gerry and every one else I have now got the APP and have got my motorhome booked in (next Wed) for the 2 updates to be done. I phoned Fiat Ducato Camper Mobile and the response was BRILLIANT all sorted out in 5 minuets, they emailed dealer contact details.

Now a happy chap (lol)

Pity about these MH dealerships, what do they do for their money ..... or should I say our hard earned money!!!

Bob

Took Our Dethleffs Globus I 1 in for the recall today, was asked if I was waiting or leaving it for the day, I was just getting into a taxi when the reception staff ran over, "sorry did not realize its a A class we will need it for a lot longer as we need to remove the engine assembly to carry out the mod on yours" !!

After 2 weeks of waiting for an appointment with my local Fiat Professional dealer to ring with an appointment I visited them on Thursday. They deny all knowledge of me ringing for an appointment, they deny all knowledge of Fiat Milan ringing them about my MH after I escalated to them. They then tell me that they don't do motor homes only vans!!!

I rang Milan again to be told well that is Spain take it to another dealer we have no control over the dealers in Spain!

To say I am surprised is to put it mildly. It seems that Fiat are so popular with MH builders they don't care about the end customer. I don't call this customer service from either Milan or my local dealer.

Whinge over. Looks like I have a 120km trip to Valencia to another dealer and hopefully they will have a loan vehicle for me to return home and then back the following day to collect.

Have you checked the Fiat Professional website? Not all FP dealers are equipped to deal with motorhomes, and you should be able to search the list of dealers to find those nearest to you which accept motorhomes. it might save you another abortive trip.

This is the web page for the UK. I assume there will be a similar facility for Spain and other countries in which FP have a dealer network:

https://www.fiatprofessional.co.uk/Find-a_dealer

I have actually had a result this afternoon :-D

I spoke to a friend who recommended the local Fiat Main dealers (not professional) some 7km from home as that is where he takes his MH for maintenance. I visited them this afternoon and gave them the chassis number and they confirmed 2 recalls outstanding and are doing the work on Friday for me. What a totally different attitude to the so called Professional garage. I know where I will be going in the future.

What a pity they aren't listed on the Fiat Ducatto app.

Archived