BASINGSTOKE HGV (AND MOTORHOME) MOT TESTING STATION

Clive

Those in the area are quite likely to have used Jacksons Commercial in Armstrong Road in the Daneshill Estate for many year. Well they ceased trading on the 22nd December as I found out following a phone call from another local motorhomer. However an alternative was found the same day. Volvo Truck and Bus Centre London actually operate from Knightspark Road on the Houndmills Estate in Basingstoke RG21 6XE. "They have the technology".

The MOT booking lady is the rather attractive Laura Manze, her direct line is 01256 340504. Laura did urge me to book at least one month in advance as they are very busy. I wonder why?

Thanks for that info. Clive: that is where I planned to have my next MOT!

There *are* two other places that I know of; L&M Autos, also on Daneshill but I would not recommend them after bad experience on two occasions there.

A commercial testing station is in the same road, but I don't know the name offhand: I believe that they will do motorcaravans.

Just for info. in case you can't get booked in to Volvo Truck.

Harvey

Anyone looking for a suitable garage nearer to Alton should try Farringdon Service Centre on the main road from Alton to Fareham. They can deal with all normal size vans for mot and service. Otherwise Charters in Four Marks are a Peugeot van dealer who can handle motor homes.

• 4 weeks later...

For motorcaravans 3.5 tonnes or less try F J Green's Garage in Charter Alley, Ramsdell. 4.5 miles NW of Basingstoke. They used to be the service centre for a local coach company so height and length are not an issue.

They have serviced and MO tested my Executive and two previous Auto-Sleepers over the past twelve years and I have never had a complaint with them.

I have now purchased a new Mercedes Benz based A class which they will not be servicing as they cannot take the weight on their equipment.

Clive,

You said in this month's MMM that Tony Purslow service MB Commercials. They don't, they send their spares vans to

Rygor Commercials Newbury

Unit 1A

Argent Mere

Newbury

Berkshire

RG14 5XB

Tel: 01635 413165

Fax: 01635 528140

Archived