Rapido 696f, permissible rear axle load

Skydog1955

I believe you have ordered a light chassis version? If so I'd say not enough, i.e. it's the standard Fiat light chassis which you can look up online. I would suggest you consider changing your order to the heavy chassis which IIRC is 2.4t

p.s. sorry but I meant to warn you of this before, but it slipped my mind. I saw a similar sized Rapido on the light chassis a few weeks back, my thoughts where "that back axle is way overloaded" , but then I saw the garage was full!

colin - 2017-10-28 3:13 PM

I believe you have ordered a light chassis version? If so I'd say not enough, i.e. it's the standard Fiat light chassis which you can look up online. I would suggest you consider changing your order to the heavy chassis which IIRC is 2.4t

p.s. sorry but I meant to warn you of this before, but it slipped my mind. I saw a similar sized Rapido on the light chassis a few weeks back, my thoughts where "that back axle is way overloaded" , but then I saw the garage was full!

Hi Colin

Dealer has just called me back

MPAL are

Rear 2.0t

Front 1.85t

Yes that's the standard Fiat light chassis, as you have already gone over 3.5t, it seems to me that on a van the size that you are getting it would make much more sense to have the heavy chassis, you would still have to use a bit of common sense when loading gear in the back so as to not unload the drive wheels, but there is much less chance of overloading the rear.

Archived