Which Oyster Vision Satellite System?

david lloyd

I had been thinking of having an Oyster Cytrac satellite system fitted to our Hymer B544 but at the Lincoln show saw the new Oyster Vision V which has a few enhancements over previous 85cm dishes and, crucially for me, now folds flat enough to get under the carport st home - one of the main reasons for choosing the Cytrac. So, given the improved reception area I am seriously thinking the larger dish may be a better option given the fairly small price difference.

So two questions really - has anyone tried the new Oyster Vision V, if so how good/bad is it? And - does anyone have any particular recommendation as to a suitable installer?

My preference for the Oyster Vision V would be the single LNB with auto skew version and I have checked internet prices with one installer based in Luton offering free installation at their premises but this is quite some way from me. Another installer (much nearer at Wakefield) is offering to price match but I have no experience of either.

All views welcome.

David

Don't yet have the Oyster IV but have the Vision III 85 cm auto skew. Definitely recommend auto skew for accurate tuning. We have a twin LNBs for recording whilst watching. Ours works with a Cello Traveller 12 volt tv with built in satellite receiver and DVD player. Can recommend these units as well.

We've used Jacksons of Grange Moor near Wakefield. Robert and son Paul do the fitting and imo are very good. We took our mh to them and they lent us a car whilst they fitted the unit. They have done many installations and are nearly always at the major shows.

have had the Cytrac fitted for 2 years with excellent results. Fitted by Jacksons, not the most sociable of people but do a quality job.

Cytrac 65cm dish gets me down to the Dordogne & Switzerland with Astra 2, however I would without hesitation now go for the 85cm Oyster V system, if only I could afford it !!

If it fits your vehicle go for it ,I am sure you won't regret it.

starvin marvin - 2017-10-29 6:37 PM

I guess it depends on where in the country you live, but in my experience I would never use Jacksons again. Try finding out about Conad Anderson in Brum, so different, so professional. They beat Jacksons hands down for me.

Interesting so far. We live at the very top of North Yorkshire so Wakefield is much nearer than Luton not just for initial fitting but for any possible future warranty issues.

Also interestingly, Conrad Anderson price (including £300 for fitting) is only £50 more than the others as they are don't appear to be adding the extra £250 for the auto skew model. But nearer than Luton so it is a possibility as I have heard they have a good reputation previously.

Some food for thought. Thanks for the comments so far.

David

• 1 month later...

Have found a company based in Derby offering the Oyster V at an attractive price including fitting at home but have no personal experience of them. Auto Additions Nationwide seem to be a small family run business that say they pride themselves on their customer service and satisfaction.

Anyone had any dealings with them - good or bad?

David

Archived