SatNav POI downloads/Help with installation

Way2Go

SatNav POI downloads/Help with installation  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been several queries in other threads recently about people looking for POIs for their SatNav systems.  Added to this there appears to have been a mixed success rate with downloading them and getting them onto the chosen SatNav system.  Never mind keeping them up to date.

Instead of me re-typing stuff over and over again would there be enough people out there interested enough (show of hands?) who would find it helpful if I put some instructions together?

Perhaps the Mods could make it a sticky so that those people who were new to SatNav/novice computer users or have just bought a SatNav system, could benefit from a full set of instructions in one hit without searching through the various threads?

Guest JudgeMental

Definitely!

As I am going for the TT One Europe (mainly because of its size) Particularly interested in Aires of France and if available Germany and other countries. Plus is there European campsite downloads as I am aware that UK site information is available

Can any one using TT HOME software tell me: Can you load maps on to your home computer, work on routes etc and then download to TT unit? As I can with Garmin and like planning motorhome trips this way rather then struggle on a small screen.

JudgeMental - 2007-01-10 2:07 PM Definitely! As I am going for the TT One Europe (mainly because of its size) Particularly interested in Aires of France and if available Germany and other countries. Plus is there European campsite downloads as I am aware that UK site information is available Can any one using TT HOME software tell me: Can you load maps on to your home computer, work on routes etc and then download to TT unit? As I can with Garmin and like planning motorhome trips this way rather then struggle on a small screen.

I'm using TomTom HOME and can confirm that you cannot download maps, work on them then return them to the device . . . . well I've never found a piece of software that would read the maps anyway.

However, when using HOME you can click on to 'MY GOnnn' (or in your case 'My ONE') and it will show your device on screen.  The screen size coverage will be the same just 4 or 5 times bigger the big advantage is that you can use the mouse and keyboard as apposed to a cocktail stick or the banannas at the end of the wrists ;-)

It works well for Itinery planning and the sorts but if you want to do it on a larger map I'd suggest using Microsoft Autoroute.  Plan your Itinery then save the file as in it's navive .AXE format then convert to a TomTom .ITN file using the freely available ITN Converter  http://tinyurl.com/sdz4l

Archived