Silver coast

Wirehaired

We were there a few weeks ago.  Plenty of nice places to stay; we used mostly Aires which were generally very good.  Low cost place to live and eat out compared with France and Spain.

Only problem was what might be a tendency to have morning and evening fogs or mists when we stayed right on the coast, so it wasn't as nice as further inland.  Maybe it was just the time we were there.

It's a really nice area to visit open and exposed to the wind with blowing sand from miles of empty beaches with large car parks to over nite we have traveled up thru in Febuary for several years now. Definitely quieter than the Algarve which is becoming over subscribed with motor homes since alot of people stopped visiting Moroc and now with the situation in Spain could be even worse this year.

We have visited the silver coast on a number of occasions, both with our motorhome and without. It is a lovely area to visit with places like Obidos, Peniche and Nazare having great beaches, friendly people and very competitive pricing. Would most certainly recommend a visit of several days to Lisbon, one of the nicest cities in Europe.

Let me know if you decide to go and I will let you have some thoughts on places to go.

Bob

Many thanks,thats what I like about this forum lots of people with experience and first hand know how,it will be in the future already have plans for next years holiday,going to Holland and trips after that France and and Holland again,will have more time when I wind down work to go further to places like Portugal,would like to do a couple of Months down there when I go.

Thanks again.

Nazare has an exclusion zone for MHs which seems to encompass the whole town.  We got as far as the roundabout on the approach (where the embargo takes effect) and saw a handful of MHs parked on some land just beyond the roundabout but we then turned away and continued along the coast.  This was three or four weeks ago; no idea how long thr ban has been in effect and how strictly they enforce it.

We also visited Aveiro, which is lovely (the "Venice of portugal") but parking there was a challenge too.  The old official MH parking alongside the river, near the motorway, has been closed by signs but we found space on a nearby street which wasn't prohibited.  Aveiro is worth the effort of finding parking.

Archived