tpms boxer

graham

Well, I don't know about the Boxer.. my Relay doesn't have such refinements. However, my wife's VW has low pressure warning . If it shows low pressure, you have to go into the settings menu and confirm that the pressures are correct before the light goes out. The 'correct' pressure is not fixed, but depends on loading etc.

I expect that the handbook will tell you.

Sadly not, Grumblewagon - as Graham points out the trigger values will have been set either by Sevel or later converters and any alterations can only be done by a Peugeot dealer, or someone with their software.

It's a lottery as to what values are set in the body computer. All you can do is find a friendly Peugeot dealer to read them out and adjust them where required, usually for about 30 mins labour charge.

Nothing about user-adjustment of TPMS pressures in the most recent on-line Boxer handbook (that does cover Euro 6 motors).

There are on-line references to resetting via the dashboard MENU the low tyre-pressure warning light on late-model Peugeot Partners, but it appears that under-inflated tyre(s) must first be inflated back to the pressure recommended for the vehicle.

No indication in the latest (July 2017) on-line Ducato handbook that TPMS pressures can be user-adjusted.

graham - 2017-11-08 7:19 PM

The tpms lit up on our Peugeot Boxer 290 today telling me that the pressure was low on the right front tyre at 4.7 bar (69psi). As this seems to be factory set I guess this is the setting for all Boxer/Ducato/Relay vans.

It is, where tpms is a specified option. My understanding is that it is not Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen standard equipment for these vehicles - though you may not be able to escape it where converters have decided to include it in the specification of their base vehicles. Anyone considering buying new would be well advised to check whether it can be avoided and, if they don't want it, to make this plain to the seller. They'll soon report back to manufacturers if compulsory tpms is causing sales resistance.

I doubt if TPMS will be standardised on all Fiat Ducato motorhomes unless a TPMS system becomes mandatory for light commercial vehicles.

A 2014 Ducato price-list indicates that TPMS is standard only for “WINDOW VAN - Special for minibus conversion” models and is a £150 option otherwise.

(I initially wondered about Graham’s 2011 Autocruise Starfire having TPMS, but then realised he replaced this in 2015 with an Elddis Accordo 120. I would have thought the Elddis would have 15”-diameter wheels and a recommended front-tyre pressure of 5.0 bar/72.5psi. So the TPMS system warning at 4.7bar/69psi suggests that the system is either very sensitive or (perhaps) set to 5.5bar not 5.0bar.)

I haven't kept my details up to date. We now have a 2016 Accordo 120. My wife never did like the opening rear panel on the original 120 so we changed for the later version with the central drawer unit. I must admit she was correct. I wondered what the trigger point was for the TPMS and at least I know now. I would like to reduce the pressures but that doesn't seem to be a simple task. At least it tells me which tyre it is. On our Peugeot car the message is that a tyre is soft so I had to go round them all. However on the car you can change the settings by pressing an 'initialisation' button (their words) to reset the datum after changing the pressure. A combination of both of these would be good.

Archived